News from the PowerFLARM Team - July 2011
• Main unit with one permanent FLARM antenna
• ADS-B antenna (removable)
• 2nd FLARM Antenna, remote, receive only (optional installation)
• 3M Dual Lock fasteners
Implemented features as of v1.02:
• Display and warning of FLARM / PowerFLARM equipped aircraft
• Display of ADS-B (1090) equipped aircraft
• Display of Transponder Mode S equipped aircraft (non directional)
• Dataport output for FLARM / PowerFLARM equipped aircraft
• Individual configuration of maximum horizontal and vertical distances for all traffic types
The following features are not included in the v1.02 Firmware of PowerFLARM USA
• Flight recording (Q4/2011, pending IGC approval)
• Display of Transponder Mode C (Q3/2011, testing in progress)
Free updates can easily be applied by SD card or with an IGC specification compatible serial cable, as used for all IGC flight recorders.
PowerFLARM USA will be locked to North American frequencies up to 24 months after purchase.
Devices will be shipped with Firmware v1.02 which has a few enhancements compared to the v1.00 release.
• Longer battery life for alkaline and rechargeables
• Can select battery type in configuration, more accurate battery level readings
• Added ability to deep discharge alkalines, for better battery life
• Optimized display of targets: normal targets are displayed in dark green for more contrast
• Altitude difference is now indicated with little plus '+' signs
• Alarm display is easier readable, colour of the circle for undirected alarms changes as target approaches
• Audio AUX output for can be disabled for increased battery lifetime (default: disabled)
• Added test tone on audio AUX output when adjusting the volume, to verify installation is working
• Unit automatically shuts down if welcome screen is not acknowledged for some time, to prevent draining of battery when unit is accidentally activated during transportation.
• Support for US units
• Battery level was indicated too low on some units
Availability of PowerFLARM at Uvaldefrom Paul Remde of Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
Hi PowerFLARM Fans,
If you don't have a PowerFLARM Portable ordered and want to use a PowerFLARM Portable at the upcoming contests at Uvalde, you may want to order a Portable, or contact Rex Mayes at Williams Soaring to inquire about renting one for the contest.