Here is a delayed report -- we are still learning how to deal with the local internet access conditions. You may have heard all this already…
|Zarate terminal operations|
|At the gliding club in Zarate|
|John & Peter could write a PhD on wiring up this truck|
Day one on-site went well. PG completed registration and inspection, then made a practice flight in locally good weather. Conditions on the ground however are difficult. There continues to be much rain, and there are many soft & muddy areas to deal with. The end of runway 31 is at present occupied by a large lake so that it seems unlikely that runway 13 will be available in its full length anytime soon.
New Years Eve: after overnight thunderstorms again, flying has been cancelled due to crosswinds. Trees limbs are falling in the camping area, but this failed to prevent a fine celebration of the advent of the new year.
New Years Day: flying may be possible later in the day, dependent perhaps on the recovery rate of the tow pilots from the aforementioned celebration.