Thanks to Jim and Simine Short, editors of the Vintage Sailplane Association’s Bungee Cord, for sending us the fall edition of their quarterly publication. Jim is also president of the VSA, which, since 1974, has promoted the acquisition, restoration, and flying of vintage and classic sailplanes and gliders and helped preserve their history.
The fall issue of the Bungee Cord includes the following articles and columns:
- Meets and Safety Now and Beyond
- VSA News and Updates
- You Shoulda Been There! The Midwest Vintage/Classic Regatta at Lawrenceville, IL
- Jan Scott Looks Back on the First Quarter Century of the VSA
- Mission Accomplished—The Ka-2b is Back in the Air
- Your Projects: For the Love of 1-19s
- The Niedrauer NG-1
- Some Glider History: Gliders at the ILA ’09
- Calendar of Events
- Classified Ads
Anyone can join the VSA; you don’t have to own or fly a vintage or classic sailplane. If you’re interested in these older designs and the history of soaring, sign up for membership at www.VintageSailplane.org or fill out and mail the membership application below. You can pay the membership fee with a check or money order or online using VISA or PayPal.
To give you a taste of the content and beautiful layout of the current issue, we’ve included screenshots of the article about the 2012 International Vintage Sailplane Meet (IVSM). Enjoy!