With this post, we introduce a new category at the Soaring Cafe -- Clubs and Sites. We often hear about interesting sites all over the world and wonder just how great they really are. We would like for you to provide us your thoughts about your favorite site or just write something about your local club.
SoaringCafe has an international audience, so we want to hear from soaring pilots and soaring site operators from around the globe. Our readers may hear about your site for the first time or simply be reminded of the great sites around the world. Also, it is always interesting to just see what the average site looks like and compare it to where you fly.
There are so many great sites and we would love to have posts for all of them. Here a few that I have had the pleasure of flying above (in no particular order):
- Soar Minden, Minden, NV
- Uvalde, TX
- Szeged, Hungary
- Gliding & Soaring, Omarama, NZ
- Hobbs, NM
- Ephrata, WA
- Chilhowee Gliderport, Benton, TN
- The Pennsylvania Ridges, Mifflin Co. Airport, PA
- Sequatchie Soaring, Sequatchie Valley, TN
- Perry International Airport, Perry, SC
- Seminole-Lake Gliderport, Clermont, FL
- Blue Ridge Soaring Society, New Castle, VA
- White Sands Soaring Association, Alamogordo, NM
- Sundance Aviation, Moriarty, NM
- Mile High Gliding, Boulder, CO
I'll try to write up some of my experiences at these wonderful sites.
So, please login (register if you have not done so) and create a post about your favorite site. Give it a try, creating a post is fun.
Rand and I enjoy several sites in the Southeastern US, but we call home the Huntsville Soaring Club which is located at Moontown Airport in north central Alabama just east of Huntsville, Alabama -- the Rocket City. More about our club in the next post.